Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change timeline display settings (to show parent issue)?

Katarzyna Kupidura-Pawlik October 12, 2021

My issues are organized in a hierarchical way, let's say components comprise epics, epics comprise assets and I define tasks for each asset. Several tasks, each of them relating to a different asset (and therefore also different epic and component), may sound the same i.e. ,,pay the maintenance fee". When I look at my tasks for this week on a timeline, I do not know which asset they relate to; in this example, I do not know for which asset to pay the maintenace fee at this time.

How do I display parent information on a timeline?

I can imagine several ways my desired timeline view would look like, e.g.:

a) tasks (sutasks) are displayed as Component/Epic/Asset/Task/(Subtask) or

b) I can display chosen field, e.g. ,"Epic Link", "related issues", "component" or custom field in an additional column (next to each timeline);

but currently I am not aware of any way to do this. Am I doomed to include component, epic and asset name in the summary line of each task? (And a task name in the summary of a subtask, so that I know to which task it relates?)

1 answer

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 14, 2021

Hello @Katarzyna Kupidura-Pawlik,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

On the Timeline, there are no options that would allow adding more fields next to the ticket summary. Currently, it’s limited to Issue type, Issue key, and Summary.

Also, on the Timeline, it’s not possible to add columns and it shows only sub-tasks, it won’t show child issues of Epics or linked issues.

The List feature allows adding some columns and Components are available there.

For more information about what is available on the Timeline and how it works, please, check the documentation below:

Feel free to raise a feature request on https://jira.atlassian.com/ (project JWMCLOUD) adding more information about why those features would be important for your environment.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events