How to change resolution from "Unresolved" to "Resolved" ?

Zac KING September 19, 2022

Hi,

I am using Jira work management, The Status change doesn't make the Resolution change.
For example after I change the Status to "Done" the Resolution didn't change to "Resolved"(In Jira software project it automatically change resolution to "Resolved" when I make the status to "Done"), which also makes the difficulty to generate Created V.S Resolved report. Please kindly investigate this issue or let me know if I made mistake, thank you!

Best Regards,
Zac

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2022

Hi,

Welcome to the community

You need to create a postfunction that will update the resolution field when you change the status to Done.

To update all old issue, you will need to add a transition to the previous status and change again the issue to done to fire the postfunction.

Zac KING September 22, 2022

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for your support, now I found postfunction but the new problem is I couldn't find "resolution" in the "Update this field", could you please guide me to add it?

Thanks,

Zac

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2022

Hi Zac,

This is weird, it is a Company managed project or a TMP ? Can you show what option you have please ?

Zac KING September 23, 2022

Hi Mohamed,

Please see above screen capture of the options i have, there is no resolution in the field, thanks!

Br,

Zac

Zac KING September 23, 2022

貼上的圖形-2.png

Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 23, 2022

You are not in the workflow but automation if i'm correct, you need to edit the workflow

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/edit-an-issue-workflow/

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events