Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to bulk add values into a preexisting custom field via CSV import?

Erin January 30, 2024

I have a custom field that has 204 values that need to be added. The field is a single-select dropdown.

The field IS availablein the project as it appears when manually creating a ticket.

I've tried to use the tutorial highlighted HERE and HERE to add these values via CSV rather than manually imputting each one. However, the values keep not importing and I keep getting errors. I've tried a few different solutions like changing the headers on the csv/mapping but nothing has worked. Currently the headers I have on the CSV are:

• Issue Key
  • Summary
  • XP Account (the custom field name)

This is the problem I keep coming across:

Import Errors on validate.PNG

Does anyone have any insight into this? I've submitted a support ticket but no response since last Friday.

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 30, 2024

Hello @Erin Trahan 

The image you tried to add to your post does not seem to have uploaded correctly. 

Can you try re-adding it?

Erin January 31, 2024

Here is the screenshot of the error message.Capture.PNG

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2024

Thank you.

Can you provide an example of the data in your CSV file?

Is the custom field for a Company Managed project or a Team Managed project?

If for a Company Managed project, then are you a Jira Administrator?

If it is a custom field in a Team Managed project, then are you a Project Administrator for that project?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events