How to automate document formation?

Anton Taranenko May 31, 2022

Dear Jira Community,

Do you have any ideas how to automate Job Offer formation?
We use ticket system now to agree on a new staff member, but we fill out the document manually

Here is what I want it to look like:
1. We have a Job Offer template, it is typical
2. Depending on the position (salary, department, name of the role) the substance of the document may be different
3. Options such as salary, department, manager, role should be filled when a recruiter starts the application and in the end of it, when we have the final approve, I want to see automatically completed Job Offer file in pdf or doc

Please let me know whether it is possible or not and if I can't do it within Jira, maybe I should integrate it with Google Sheets or any other tools?

Thank you!

2 answers

1 vote
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 31, 2022

Hi, @Anton Taranenko !

I'd like to propose an alternative solution from my team that meets your needs- Smart Jira FormsMy team developed it to get a flexible tool to collect data from internal and external users and save it directly in your Jira. Here is an example:

image.png 

0 votes
Laura Campbell _Seibert Media_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 31, 2022

Hi @Anton Taranenko welcome to Community!

Let me see if I understand your use case correctly:

you use Jira Work Management to manage requests to open new positions, with something like a manager detailing what job they would like to open, and the ticket requiring approval from someone else.

You mention a lot of different details needed for the job offers (salary, department, manager...); do you already have these created in your issues? For example, do you have some custom fields or user picker fields that let the manager describing the role enter in the salary and the manager?

Follow up question: is your team using Confluence alongside Jira Work Management?

If the answers to the above questions is yes, you might be able to achieve what you are looking for by adding the app Elements Publish to your Jira. The app can publish information from a Jira issue to a Confluence page (for example, a job offer template you create), which you could then export as a pdf or Word doc.

Natively, there is no quick option in Jira to publish issue data to Confluence, you would need to look at this discussion on Community about manually setting something up using Automation.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events