Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to attach the file in issue in PHP

yasmeen banu June 22, 2021

I am using Laravel framework (PHP) - I can able to create issue or task using Rest API V3 and its created successfully, but when try to add the attachment for that particular issue or task using [ISSUE-KEY] i can't able to attache the files. In the API Reference documentation there is no proper sample codes. I am using CURL to attach or create the issue.

Can anyone please suggest me to get this done. Below having my code

$chcurl_init ();   

$username = "XXXX-XXX-XXX" ;

$pasword = "*********";

$path = "filepath.txt";                
$url = 'https://domainname.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/'.$result['key'].'/attachments';      

curl_setopt ( $ch, CURLOPT_URL, $url );                    

curl_setopt ( $ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, 1 );                                        

curl_setopt ( $ch, CURLOPT_POSTFIELDS, ['file'=>'@'.realpath($path) ]);                    

curl_setopt ( $ch, CURLOPT_POST, 1 );                   

$headers = array ();                    

$headers [] = 'X-Atlassian-Token: no-check';                                      

curl_setopt ( $ch, CURLOPT_HTTPHEADER, $headers );                    

curl_setopt ( $ch, CURLOPT_USERPWD, $username . ":" . $password );                    

$Arr = [];                    

$resultt = curl_exec ( $ch);                    

2 answers

0 votes
yasmeen banu June 23, 2021

Thanks for your suggesstion Ravi Sagar. Will convert above CURL to PHP and let me try. 

0 votes
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 22, 2021

Hi @yasmeen banu 

You have to use the multipart/form-data for sending the file. I once wrote a small Drupal module to upload files in Jira but I can't find a simple php example. However let me share my shell script.

#! /bin/bash

$JIRATUTORIAL_AUTH="sfhskfskdfgwiurgwe"
curl -s -i -X POST \
     -H "Authorization:Basic $JIRATUTORIAL_AUTH" \     -H "X-Atlassian-Token:no-check" \     -F "file=@/home/ravisagar/jiraissues.csv" \     'https://jirawhatever.atlassian.net/rest/api/3/issue/an-233/attachments' \

Try this in your shell and if it works then hopefully you will get an idea about what headers to pass. I believe there should be libraries in PHP to do this for you (my PHP skills are fading :( sorry).

I hope it helps.

Ravi

yasmeen banu June 23, 2021

I have tried with multipart/form-data in header but no luck. @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events