How to assosiate the workflow with field configration

靳光光 June 1, 2023

Hi, I meet a trouble.

I creat a screen when the workflow was transitioned to cancle. -----done.

But when I set the field "the reason for cancle" is required, it will affect all the issues.

I have creat the field configration, but how to assosiate the field configration with the workflow(the screen).

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2023

Hello @靳光光 

Are you working with a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project? That information will display at the bottom of the panel on the left when you are viewing the project.

I think I understand your challenge. When you transition an issue to "cancle" you want to require the user to fill in the field "the reason for cancle".

If you are working with a Company Managed project then to do that you need to create a separate screen that will be displayed during the transition. You add the field "the reason for cancle" to that screen. You then modify the Transition so that it will show that screen.

In this example I use the Resolution field. First I create the Screen with that field.

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 10.56.00 AM.png

Then I modify the workflow to add the screen to the transition.

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 10.58.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2023-06-01 at 10.59.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-06-01 at 11.00.16 AM.png

Then publish the workflow.

After that when the transition is executed the specified screen will appear and the user can fill in the value.

靳光光 June 1, 2023

Yes, I know this. Thanks for relpy first.

But If I want to make the "the reason for cancle" required, how to do?

If I change it in the field configration, it will affect all the issues.

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2023

If you want it to be required only during that transition the add a Validator to the transition to make the field required at that time.

Like 靳光光 likes this
靳光光 June 2, 2023

Thanks for your reply.

But what is the Validator? I'm sorry I don't understand it.

靳光光 June 2, 2023

@Trudy Claspill 

I have found it and make it successful.

Thank you very much.

靳光光 June 2, 2023

By the way, is there any other kind of ways to add only a comment screen when the status changed from "todo" to "cancle"?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 5, 2023

Make another screen that has only the Comment field on it. Add that screen to the workflow transition from "todo" to "cancle"

If my replies have helped you solve your problem, please consider marking the Answer as Accepted to help other users find posts with validated solutions.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events