Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add additional Quick Filters to a Kanban board in Jira Work Management projects?

Kieron Lawlor March 11, 2022

Please could you advise how to add additional Quick Filters to a Kanban board in Jira Work Management, specifically a company managed project?

I am the full Jira Admin and have been unable to find any options to do this. My aim is to create a handful of additional Quick Filters and apply to applicable company managed projects to provide options for filtering the board view to give focus. Examples:

• Filter board by priority
  • Filter board by late tasks
  • Filter board by labels

Most of the articles I have found point towards More > Board Settings but this doesn't appear as an option in Jira Work Management projects

Screenshot 2022-03-11 at 17.34.54.pngScreenshot 2022-03-11 at 17.35.45.png

2 answers

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2022

Hi @Kieron Lawlor 

You cannot customize board filters for Jira Work Management projects at the current time. But you should click on the Give Feedback button on the bottom left side and request that functionality. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

JWM boards do not have the flexibility of Software boards, they're deliberately very simple and just follow the config of the project.

Dan Coutu January 23, 2023

I can understand beginning with deliberate simplicity but preventing the use of the full power of Jira is, in my opinion, a huge mistake. Simply provide a different UI for site admins in comparison to project admins or project users.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2023

That would mean moving to Jira Software.  The power is there, but it's a different product.

Dan Coutu January 23, 2023

I understand that it's a different product. We have both Jira Software and Jira Work Management. In that scenario I see significant value in being to support the greater flexibility of Jira Software within the Jira Work Management product space.

Companies are made up of different teams. A software project paradigm makes sense for some and a business paradigm makes sense for others. It's all one company so the ability for everyone to use Jira features across the board makes good sense.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2023

I think you might be missing the point.  Jira Work Management boards are designed for work management.  Jira Software boards are designed for Kanban and Scrum.

They are different things, with different purposes and different code.  But the intent of JWM is not to support Kanban or Scrum, they're not business work management, they're more aligned with development methodologies, which are different to (highly sophisticated) to-do lists.

You absolutely can use JS boards for JWM projects, it's not a problem to include JWM projects in a JS board.  

But JWM and JS are for different things.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events