How to Add Custom Field In Work Management Forms

GDakas January 24, 2023

Greetings,

I am trying to create a form in Jira Work Management that we can use in these projects. I need a few custom forms built that have some custom fields that I need.  When I go into the form section it showing some default fields, but I cannot add any custom fields that are created.  

Any idea how to add custom fields in forms?  I have already gone to the custom field menu and tried adding that field to the scree, but I don't see the work management screens in that menu.

1 answer

1 vote
Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2023

Hello @gdakas 

You are doing the right things:

• Make sure the custom field is available for use within the JWM project
  • Add the field to the screen that is used in the screen scheme's "Create Issue" operation of the issue type screen scheme used by the project

Are you trying to add a custom field type that is currently not supported in JWM forms? That could be the reason why the field isn't appearing.

If you're able to provide screenshots of your project's issue type screen scheme and the field you're trying to add that will help us also!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events