Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does timeline dependency management work in the updated Jira Work Management?

Jim July 16, 2021

I received an email update from Atlassian on Jul, 15, 2021 which details new functionality around drag & drop dependency management in the timeline view of Jira Work Management.

I haven't been able to figure out how to get this working. Is anyone actually able to do this? Or is it potentially not live yet?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 18, 2021

Hey @Jim 

Thanks for reaching out. I'm Jane, one of the product managers on the Jira Work Management team. We are currently in the process of rolling this functionality out, and you should be able to see this enabled for your business projects by end of the week.

If you don't see this by then, please feel free to reach out again and we'll have a look for you.

Hope that helps!

Jane

Mahima Srivastav July 19, 2021

I was wondering if there is some issue with my timeline not showing the nested view for epics. My tasks and their subtasks have a nested view but the Epics don't. Will epics also show the nested view of their tasks and subtasks?

Jim July 19, 2021

Thanks for the update, Jane. Looking forward to trying it out.

Chase Wilson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 21, 2021

@Mahima Srivastav we're in the process of adding support for Epic --> Issue nesting on the timeline. However, it will not show three levels of nesting for the time being (Epic --> Issue --> Subtask).

We are, however, adding three levels of nesting to the List view. Cheers!

Mahima Srivastav July 26, 2021

Thanks. Can I know when would that feature roll out? I have a few projects to be generated but that view would be a saviour in choosing between JIRA software project and JIRA Work Management?

Paul Wallace August 1, 2022

Hi @Chase Wilson

Has this (Epic issue nesting) been rolled out yet? It appears not. Please advise ETA. Thanks

Like Chris Rollins likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events