Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do we add the Story Points field on the story/task/epic ?

abdulwaajed.shaikh January 19, 2022

I'm trying to add the field of story points on the Task / story but I'm not able to find how to add it. 

Also, how do I find out what version of Jira am I using ? so that I can check KB articles to that particular version since I checked a few articles but all of them were very old.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2022

Welcome to the Community!

If you are planning to use Story points for Scrum, or Agile planning, then you need to be very very careful about this.

Get the Story Points added to your Stories as @Floki says.

Do not add them to sub-tasks.  This will break your sprints and reporting, rendering your story points useless.

Think very carefully before you add the field to Epics.  Are all your teams genuinely estimating their stories in exactly the same way?  If not, then your Epic story points are useless because when team A puts 1 story point in, it doesn't mean the same as when team B puts 1 story point in.  You can't have two different estimates with the same number make any sense.

0 votes
Floki January 19, 2022

Oneway I did was, go to 'Project Settings -> Fields - >Edit Fields', Search 'Story Points -> Screens', check the screens for your project.

1642590988158.jpg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events