Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do Jira Work Management and Jira Software integrate

Emanuel Pinkwart November 24, 2021

Hi Community,

I have a question today. I am totally new to Jira Work Management and just evaluating if this is an option for our company. So far we only have Jira Software Cloud active and like it. But we are planning to activate Jira Work Management for our Marketing team.

From what I have read so far, both are different products with different target groups.

The question is: Once I have created tasks/epics in Work Management, will other teams be able to see and interact with them in Jira Software (both of them running on cloud and on the same instance). Can I link and reference tickets between the two products? Will JIra Software automation work even if the issue was created in JWM? 

Hoping someone can shed some light.

Thanks in advance,

Emanuel

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2021

Hi @Emanuel Pinkwart 

I'm not completely certain about "FREE" Product Plan, but if you go to create a project, do you see "Work Management" as an option in the Project templates?

If so, you can go ahead and create/experiment.

What I can tell you is:

• JWM projects are Company Managed Projects, like such Jira software projects
    • Except only one workflow is possible across all issue types in the JWM PROJECT
    • That workflow needs to be conditional (as in it can't simply be using a transition from ALL to ALL transition configuration)
  • Yes, you can link to and from JSW and JWM projects within your instance
  • Yes, automation rules can work on either and even interact with both within a rule

Bottomline...under the hood JWM projects are Company managed JSW projects with a different skin and fewer options.

WM.png

Emanuel Pinkwart November 25, 2021

Thank you so much Curt!

This is exactly the information I was looking for. I took a quick look into our system and we are able to use work management templates. So we are going to give it a try.

Thanks again

Like Curt Holley likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events