Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I spawn/link a Project from an Issue?

Stuart Fitzgerald May 23, 2021

I'm new here, so please forgive me if this is a basic use error!

I've set up our business' global task list (everything we need to get done). My intention was then to use each of those items (issues) to generate a new project. 

I.E. One of the items on the to-do is a new product launch that we want to go live with by Q3. Now I want to create a project that can capture all of the elements of that task (And for the To Do item to mirror the project status (i.e. In Progress, Completed, etc). Not all tasks will be worthy of their own project though (i.e. Get New Coffee.) Is that possible, or do I need to rethink the relationships available?

TIA

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 23, 2021

Hi Stuart,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Just trying to understand the need to create separate projects for each task. Might I suggest a different way of thinking of this. You could use the Epic-Task-Subtask relationship instead of creating individual projects for each task. This way, you would be able to track everything in a single project.

For example, you could have an Epic that is called Q2 Website Launch, and under that Epic, you would have your various tasks associated with that Epic:

Screen Shot 2021-05-24 at 11.41.26 am.png

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Jane

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS