Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I modify my workflow to include an additional To Do step for anonymous access requests?

David Reynolds February 22, 2022

I have a workflow to complete an issue for those users within my group.  I want to add an additional workflow To Do category that applies before the first group To Do category and is only used for issues submitted by anonymous access users.  This To Do step would serve as a queue for work management issues, submitted by anonymous access users and triaged by the users within the group.  After the submitted issue is triaged, the group would move that issue to the first group To Do category.  Issues created by the group would bypass this queue category default into the first group To Do category.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

Hi David,

I don't know if you are still needing help with this or not, but you can have the initial status be called whatever you like and that's where all issues land. 

But then you can have an automation rule that will automatically transition the issue to the next status in the workflow if is approved or from some other criteria. That status can be called whatever you like also - it just has to be a different name than the first status. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 22, 2022

I'm afraid there is no way to add a new status category.

David Reynolds February 24, 2022

Maybe my terminology was poorly chosen.  I do not want to add another option than the default "To Do", "In Progress", Etc.

I simply want one to do option (To Do 1) as a first step for anonymous access users and another to do step (To Do 2) as a first step for registered users.

For anonymous access users, their issues would follow To Do 1, then To Do 2, and so on.  Registered users' issues would begin at To Do 2 and advance from that point.

This scenario allows the registered users to review the anonymous users' requests, completing any fields that were incorrectly filled out or not addressed at all, and advancing the issue to To Do 2.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events