Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a Project Sub-Category?

Danish Akhtar July 24, 2023

I wanted to create folder structure in Jira work management. I was advised by the Jira community leader that the nearest alternate to this in Jira is "Project category". I have now created a project category. But now my question is, how do I create a project sub-category? The aim is to create a tree like structure of projects in Jira which is quick to navigate and not lost in a long list of projects. Any help will be appreciated. 

1 answer

1 vote
Ivan Lima
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2023

Unfortunately, it is not possible to create a nested category. However, if you require further organization for your projects beyond the current project categories, you may need to consider using a marketplace app or implementing a custom solution that aligns with your specific needs.

There is a feature request to enhance the "Project category" functionality:

You can add your vote if you'd be interested in that. You can also add yourself as a watcher if you'd like to get notified via email on updates.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events