Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I combine two teams to one project?

Diann Gordon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 7, 2022

I'm trying to figure out how to add two teams to one project.  One team is working on the design of a product and the other team is commercializing the project.  I would like to view them together, but don't know how to make it obvious which team is doing what.  I appreciate anyone that can provide guidance.

Thank you,

Diann

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 7, 2022

Hi @Diann Gordon 

Welcome to the community!

Simplest way to start (that I can think of) would be to use a label for each team and configure the Board view/Customise cards to show labels on the cards. that way the name will be visible on the cards at least.

unfortunately you can't filter by label on a JWM Board or create extra boards for each team...thus is the limitations of JWM projects (Vs Jira software). But you could automate the adding of the label when any of the teams members create content in the project.

Trigger: Issue created

Condition: If/else, where

User condition; where Reporter is "list of team members for team A"

Else: User condition; where Reporter is "list of team members for team B"

Action (in both cases): Edit issue/ Label field (add to existing); Team_A or Team_B

Diann Gordon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 9, 2022

Thank you so much!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events