Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i have internal comment/task visible/accessible to our team only (not customer)?

Mohamad Chaarani September 21, 2023

Hello,

We have Jira Work Management, which we use to manage the work between us as vendor and our customers. It is mainly used for the projects and CRs management, where each requirement raised by the customer follows a custom workflow, as high level below transitions:

Customer Requirement Raised -> Product team assessment -> Submit scope of work -> Sign scope of work -> Resourcing & Planning -. build -> QA -> SIT -> UAT -> Go live

During product team assessment or Build, there are discussions related to this specific ticket that needs to be internal and not shared/accessible to customer, and needs to be recorded as well on that same specific ticket. Now i know in the Jira Service Management there is this option as "Internal Comment", which seems not available in the Jira Work Management? Or is it an option that can be enabled? I am okay to use Internal Comment, or maybe if i can somehow create a sub-task accessible/visible to our team only, or any other suggestion that serves the job. 

Thank you in advance. 

1 answer

0 votes
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2023

Hello @Mohamad Chaarani 

If you are using a Company Managed JWM project then you can restrict comment visibility to roles and/or groups, if the Global Configuration option for that has been enabled. 

You would need to have all your internal users specified in a project role (or user group) that is separate from any role (or user group) that would include your "customers". Then each comment that is created would need to be limited to that internal role (or user group) to prevent the customers from seeing it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events