Did you mean: 

How can I move tasks vertically and prioritize in the time line view

Niu Niu July 20, 2021

I want to re-order vertically the tasks and sub tasks in the time line view

2 answers

1 vote
Delta Development January 12, 2022

Hi,

well I just found out that if you prioritize the issues in the list view that the order in the timeline view changes with it.

Shane MortAtlassian July 8, 2022

This is the way folks - jump back to list view, and you can drag and drop the items into whichever order you like, and then the timeline view respects that order.

So if you're coming from a gantt chart world, you can now setup links for blocks/blocked by, get your dependency arrows, and move things around to minimise crossover, etc.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 22, 2021

Hello @Niu Niu,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The tasks on the timeline are currently ordered by Issue Key/ID and it’s not possible to change that.

There are some filters available, but they won’t change the order of the tasks as well.

There is a feature request suggesting the ability to sort the issues based on start/end date:

If that’s the same that you need, please, click on vote and also watch to receive updates about the feature.

If it’s not, please, let us know more details about what and why you need the feature to reorder the tasks on the timeline, so we can raise a new feature request.

​​Kind regards,
Angélica

Federico Scala August 30, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz ,

I was searching for the same feature, for me it would be also great to have the same drag&drop option available in Roadmaps. The sort by ID makes the list appear pretty randomic. Additional sorting options could help in presenting it with a specific logic also for activities status sharing purposes.

Best regards

Federico

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders