Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I forbid a user to create a project?

David D August 2, 2021

Hi there,

my question is simple: Can I forbid users to create their own projects in JIRA WORK MANAGEMENT (edit)? If yes, how?

I cannot find any global permission for that.

Kind regards,

D

3 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

Admin -> Global permissions -> Remove the "create team managed projects" from the people you want to stop creating projects.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

and if it is a company managed project then you should see who your admins are cause there might be a few too many :)

0 votes
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2021

Hi @David D

from the Jira Work Management FAQ I found:

For instances with only Jira Work Management provisioned, admins can now grant users the permission to create Business projects from the default list of templates. These users will not be able to manage any settings aspect of those Business projects — only create them. This is ideal for instances where admins want to leverage the power and consistency of company-managed projects but want to delegate project creation ability to users.

Is is correct you are ONLY using Jira Work Management but no other product right now? I have read about the possibility to adjust that setting but on a different page there is just a broken link.
I have no instance at hand to compare at the moment and I am unsure where the setting should hide. Perhaps other Community members have seen the setting already.

Regards,
Daniel

David D August 5, 2021

Thanks @Daniel Ebers 

No, I'm using JWM and Confluence. At the beginning I just used JWM. I could not see any difference in the settings.

Kind regards,

D

Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2021

The presence of Confluence should be not related to what you are seeing. Because the documentation links currently does not go anywhere probably the setting is under maintenance.

However, you could double check from "Global Permissions" if there is by chance an option to disable the creation of new JWM projects by users - I believe that it have been there for a short while but I cannot say for sure anymore.

0 votes
David D August 2, 2021

Thank you for your answers. I should have stated that I'm in Jira Work Management. The global permission for "Team Managed projects" is disabled. The users are normal "Jira Work Management Users" and have no admin status. Strangely enough, any user can create a project.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events