Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I enable (or request) the use of kanban board quick filters in a drop-down list?

Kevin Smith October 25, 2023

As an owner of a shared Kanban board in my company-managed project, I need a number of quick filters to be grouped in drop-down lists, rather than creating individual quick filter 'buttons' which take up a lot of room, so that users of my board can easily filter by a category,

Examples in my case are:  department, size, requestor, SME, and other useful field related filters.  

It is not particularly efficient (or elegant) that an owner of a board has to separately create individual filters that cannot be displayed into a single list of values drop-down menu.  To rub it in, there are standard filters like "Type" and "Epic" which are provided as standard.  I want more of these!  

I suspect the answer today (having looked around) is 'not possible', yet.  Is this is the right forum to get votes?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2023

Hello @Kevin Smith 

You are right that it is not possible at this time for end users to create additional filters for custom fields that appear like the built in Epic and Type filters (where there is one button for the field and it automatically presents the possible values of that field for you to use to filter the board).

Here is one change request on that topic. You can add your vote/comments to it.

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-4735

Kevin Smith October 26, 2023

Thank you Trudy.  I have followed this link and placed my vote (the 590th!).

Really interesting to see the already interested community asks for this. 

Fingers crossed the JIRA team will apply this value-add change soon.  

I have accepted the answer on the basis this is all wrapped up on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWCLOUD-4735

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events