Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I allow users to filter the "Board" based on Reporter?

Robert McClung August 28, 2023

Hi Everyone,

Some users can filter on the "Board" by Reporter name and view other users in the Reporter filter section, while other users can only see "unassigned" as a filter option for Reporter. Everyone has the same member-level permissions. We are in a team-managed project. I have not created any specific groups, etc. that would affect permissions.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I would like everyone to be able to filter by Reporter.

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 28, 2023

Hello @Robert McClung 

Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Are you user who see no other users for filtering by Reporter able to see other users for filtering by Assignee? If not, then it is possible that the users with this problem have not been granted the Global Permission in Jira for "Browse users and groups". That problem would need to be corrected by a Jira Administrator.

Robert McClung August 29, 2023

Hello! 

The users who cannot filter by Reporter are able to filter the same board by Assignee. Could it be something else?

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 17, 2023

Hello @Robert McClung 

Are you still experiencing this problem? If not, can you share the solution?

If you are still experiencing this problem: 

Can you provide screen images of what the users see when trying to filter by Reporter?

Is this for a Team Managed project or a Company Managed project?

Can the users who are not able to filter by Reporter able to see all the issues reported by other users, when no filters are applied?

Robert McClung September 18, 2023

Hi @Trudy Claspill 

Yes, we are still experiencing the problem. Attached is a screenshot from one of our users. They can only see "unassigned" in the Reporter field. 

I believe this is in a Team Managed project. Is there a way to tell without myself being a Jira Admin?

image.png

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 18, 2023

Can you provide a screen image for the same board for the Filter screen for somebody who sees other values for the Reporter field?

Does this user see issues on the board that are reported by other people?

You can identify the project as Team Managed or Company Managed by looking at the bottom of the navigation panel on the left where there will be text saying which type the project is, or by looking at the Type column on the "View all projects" page under the Projects menu.

Robert McClung September 18, 2023

Yes - Here is a screenshot from a user who can see all of the values in the Reporter field on the same board.

The users who cannot see anyone under "Reporter" field do see all issues on the board, regardless of reporter. The issue seems to only affect the filtering option. 

Confirmed I am in a Team Managed project!

image (1).png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events