Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How are users counted for billing?

Umesh Madupuri March 27, 2023

1. I am using the free version of JIRA Work Management and created 3 projects (test_1, test_2 and test_3). I have assigned a member outside our organization to only test_1 project and by default he has been selected as the administrator. But he is also able to see project to in his JIRA login even though he has not been assigned to the other 2 projects. Is there any solution for this so that he/she can see only Project 1.

2. If there are already 10 users in my workspace and I want to share or give the non-Administrator access of my project to the a person (outside my organization). Will he/she also be counted as an user and will we be charged for the 11th person ?

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Umesh Madupuri and welcome to the community,

If you give them product access, which is required for a user to use and view all Jira goodies/functionalities, then yes. I would assume that you are working on Jira Work Management and a Team Managed Project, since these roles are found in the latter. So even if you mean that you want your "guests" to be able to see your project's summary or any gadget on the dashboard, they have to have  a valid license.

0 votes
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Umesh Madupuri welcome to the Atlassian Community!

In order for people/users to see a dashboard, they'll need a Jira Software license.

However, you asked this question in the Jira Work Management product group.

So, for my understanding, are you referring to Jira Work Management (JWM) or Jira Software (JSW) when talking about dashboards?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events