cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help setting up

Andy Smith
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2021

Hi I am looking to use Jira Work management for workflow management of Content amends for our business.

Email to create a task

Simple work management

Email to user once complete

I have used before on filters and can work out the basics - but really struggling with the email alerts. 

Anyone able to offer some consultancy (as I am not technical, so need someone to hold my hand)

Thanks

Andy

2 answers

1 vote
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Hi Andy - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

You can use Automation for Jira to send the email for you. That will give you more flexibility in the creation of the email and what fields you want to include. Here's some information to help get you started:

There are two types of automation:

• Global: In the Free version, you get 100 executions per product, per month
  • Project: In all versions, you get unlimited executions per month

Automation Basics: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/guides/expand-jira/automation

You can do this via global rules to apply to all projects also. You'll need to be a Jira Admin/Site Admin, go to Jira Settings > System > Automation Rules (left-hand menu).

For more on using Automation For Jira see these help pages.

Jira Automation Template Library to help get you started quickly:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/automation-template-library#/labels/all/customLabelId/1453

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Hi Andy, welcome to the Community.

The Community is pretty effective at answering specific questions but not so much wit open ended ‘how to I get started’ inquiries. With that said let me see if I can offer some options to get you started.

• first it’s important to know that there are two types of projects company managed and team managed. How are you achieve your goals differs quite a bit based on the option you choose. You will find good Info on both types in the Atlassian documentation.
  • Notifications is a fundamental component of all projects. You can configure this under project settings > notifications.
  • JWM documentation- jira-work-management 
  • Here is some documentation on Notifications for TMP - customize-notifications-in-team-managed-projects , 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events