Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Group by counts on list view gone?

justin.hendrickson July 20, 2022

I got a report from one of the users of my Jira Work Management projects that until yesterday, when they use the group by functionality on the list view page, it would show the count of items within each group. This morning, however, the counts are gone.

I've been poking around the project settings page for the project, looking for some way to re-enable it, without much luck. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a way to get the counts back?

2 answers

1 vote
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2022

Hi @justin.hendrickson and welcome to the Community,

I can only confirm that I see the same on my test instance too. So it looks as if something has been changed at a wider scale inside the product and not something that you can change through configuration yourself.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2022

@Jane Yeoh  - Can you confirm the change in functionality? 

justin.hendrickson August 2, 2022

Thank you for confirming the change in your test instance. Should I submit a bug report about this?

0 votes
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 25, 2022

Hi @justin.hendrickson

it would personally assume that this functionality will come back at some point, but just to put this out here, if you need an immediate solution to this problem and are open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, this functionality is also available in JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing and inline-editing all your issue fields. It also allows grouping your issue fields by any issue field (or multiple issue fields, as nested groups), and viewing the number of issues per group:

issue-count-in-grouping.gif

JXL integrates with the project sidebar, so many of our customers use it as an extension to the native list view. (Disclaimer: I work on JXL.)

Hope this helps,

Best,

Hannes

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders