Filters on Active Sprints

elias.dayeh October 22, 2021

Hello,

We use the out of the box filtering for Active Sprints in our SCRUM calls. Which means, when we go around and ask how everyone's stories are, we click on the bubble at the top and filter by that person. 

This works find as it filters all Stories and Sub tasks owned by that person. 

I would like to create a filter that ONLY filters the User Stories and NOT the sub tasks.

I would like to ass all sub tasks for that story for that user. 

Thanks

Elias

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

Run a filter that exclude them - either "issue type = story" or something a bit more clever like "issue type in standardIssueTypes()"

If you're looking at a board, then those sort of things can be quite good quick-filters

elias.dayeh October 24, 2021

I still want to see all subtasks. The quickfilters will also filter by sub task. 

I want to filter by Story Assignee. And only on the story level. I still would like to see all the sub tasks for that story regardless of owner. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2021

I am now a bit confused.  Your original question asks for "only filter for user stories and not sub-tasks", but your comment says "I want to see sub-tasks".

I know I am misunderstanding the question, but I do not know where.  Could you explain more please? What are you trying to do here?  Do you want the sub-tasks or not?

elias.dayeh October 25, 2021

I want to only filter via the User stories. Meaning, I don't the filter to apply to sub tasks. I want to see all sub tasks for each User Story. 

So if I filter by an assignee, I would all of their user stories to show up filtered but sub tasks for each user story to show up. I don't think this is possible out of the box (i know there are some marketplace apps I can get) but wanted to double check to confirm.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events