Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter subscriptions, push emails to project team members at a fixed time, but each member receives

xixi li October 19, 2022

I don't know why this is the case, but also in terms of project team members subscribing, shouldn't everyone receive the same field presentation information? Is there a permission limit here?

01.png

2 answers

1 vote
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 19, 2022

Hi,

For a filter subscription, each user can define their own default columns in the issue navigator. As such, for each user that does that, Jira returns those columns.  However if the user has not defined their own defaults, then the system values get used instead.  There is a feature request to improve this behavior over in JRACLOUD-60154.

I hope this helps to explain the behavior here.

Andy

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2022

Thanks, Andy!

Boris Berenberg - Modus Create October 19, 2022

If you want more control over the format and contents of what is being pushed to users, you can check out our app, Notification Assistant for Jira

Like xixi li likes this
xixi li October 19, 2022

Thanks

xixi li October 19, 2022

@Boris Berenberg - Modus Create  

Just checked the app and wanted to know how to configure the default time zone and email account information, I saw that the default for email is jira@nafjc.com.

xixi li October 19, 2022

@Boris Berenberg - Modus Create   I know that there is a limit on the number of issues in the body of the email, which is 50. In the actual scenario, there will be more than 50. Do you support the management of the next page?

That means a lot to me. Thank you.

Boris Berenberg - Modus Create October 20, 2022

Hi @xixi li

• We're currently working on allowing customers to configure the outbound email and hope to have this out in the next few months.
  • The timzeone is currently shown based on what the Jira system is configured to. We have a backlog item for allowing this to be configured when setting up a notification, but this hasn't been prioritized.
  • Re: number of issues you need in an email. Do you have an estimate for the maximum number of email you need to support?

xixi li October 23, 2022

@Boris Berenberg - Modus Create 

Well, thanks, but regarding the maximum amount of transactions within the email, I understand that it can be controlled to 100, after all, there will be scenarios of multiple project management.

Boris Berenberg - Modus Create October 24, 2022

Sorry not sure I understand. Are you saying 100 would be enough?

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2022

Hi @xixi li 

Yes, there is a limit of 1,000 issues that can be seen at one time. But I don't see a Subscription here either - this is just a filter. 

xixi li October 19, 2022

Sorry, maybe I misrepresented it.
I was referring to the fact that emails regularly push the content of this filter to my inbox, and that the content fields received within the project team members' inboxes are not the same.
I would like to keep the same field content presentation.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2022

Everyone should see he same columns in the filter produced by the subscription. Are you saying that is not happening?

xixi li October 19, 2022

Yes, the feedback I've gotten so far is that everyone doesn't see the column fields the same.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 19, 2022

Let me see if I can get someone from Atlassian to take a look since you have a free account. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events