Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enable REST API for User and Org

Chelsea.Learned May 24, 2022

Hi everyone!

I'm very new to this, so apologies if I'm missing something big here.  From what I can tell, REST APIs are supposed to be enabled by default with Jira, yet I'm trying to use this plugin and am getting the below error message:

"The REST API is not enabled for this User or Organization. This integration will not work unless the the REST API is enabled. Please contact your CRM administrator."

I'm the admin, but I'm looking through REST API docs and I'm not sure how to start.  Even if you're not familiar with the plugin, maybe you know how to enable REST APIs for the org/user or why I might not be detected as such?

Thanks so much!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Zsuzsa Galicza [Midori]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2022

Hi @Chelsea.Learned ,

You're right, Jira's REST API is enabled by default, I think what you are missing here is to set the connection for the CRM integration and that is what the error message means. To set it, follow the "Set up a connection to your CRM" part in the CRM for Jira Cloud documentation.

Chelsea.Learned May 25, 2022

Hi @Zsuzsa Galicza [Midori] 

That's when I get the error, actually.

1. I installed the app
2. Clicked Project Settings (That's the only place I see the option for CRM Integration)
Selected Apps> CRM integration
3. I see the app settings for my chosen app and it asks me to click my CRM, login, and click continue.
4. I enter my credentials and click continue, then get the error.

Zsuzsa Galicza [Midori]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 26, 2022

@Chelsea.Learned Is it possible that the REST API is not enabled for your CRM then? Your error message says to contact your CRM administrator so the restriction might be on that side.

Sadly I'm not familiar with the app and don't use CRM so there's only so much that I can try out in my instance. But you can try a simple request for your Jira REST API to see that it works:

{yourJiraUrl}/rest/api/3/issue/{issueKey} where yourJiraUrl is the base URL of your Jira Cloud (e.g. my-jira.atlassian.net) and issueKey is an existing issue's key, like TEST-1. Just put it in the address bar of the same browser where you are logged in to your Jira instance.

Chelsea.Learned June 1, 2022

Thanks, @Zsuzsa Galicza [Midori] !

I think that must be it.  I just tried what you suggested and got a long output on the Jira side.  I'm going to see if I can enable the REST API on the CRM side and see if that does it...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events