Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email notifications for workflow events that look like Jira Service Management email notifications.

Tristan Fesmire May 26, 2021

I can not find a way to enable email notifications for a work management project that mirrors the service desk email notifications. I can of course build custom emails in the automation tab but I would like to use the same template that is used for the service desk email similar to the image I attached. Does anyone have any way to fix this? 

image.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

Hi Tristan - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

No, you can't just use the functionality of the other project type. You would need to build an Automation rule to do that. 

Hello John, 

Thank you for your response. So through automation is there a way to generate that specific email that demonstrates the progression of the workflow processes in the same way that the service management does? I understand the process of creating an event and linking it to a workflow but it doesn't automatically generate a status report that is similar to what I showed in my initial post. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2021

You can include code/text in the body of the email that looks like this:

{{issue.key}}'s {{fieldChange.field}} field was updated from {{fieldChange.fromString}} to {{fieldChange.toString}} by {{initiator.displayName}}.

Issue Link: {{baseUrl}}/browse/{{issue.key}}

Then you would base the trigger on the status field changing. 

Like Tristan Fesmire likes this

Thank you,

This will work for now but I do hope that Atlassian includes this functionality to the work management project types.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events