Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Efficiently Managing and Monitoring Multiple Projects in Jira Work Management - Any Tips?

berry August 5, 2023

What is the best way to quickly grasp the overall status of a large number of projects being set up and operated using Jira Work Management in a company? Are there any public sites or information that I can refer to for integrating and managing multiple projects efficiently and effectively?

4 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2023

Hi @berry 

Could you give us some more information about your need, in relation to integrating/managed multiple Projects (which I assume are multiple Jira Projects)?

Are you looking to visualise the data concurrently, like @Dan Tombs mentioned? Or is there some other need here?

Ste

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2023

Hi @berry 

You could try...

• Dashboards: Creating a separate dashboard summarising information for each Project, either in separate gadgets, or collectively. See more information on these help pages
  • Boards: You can technically create a JSW Company-managed Board, and put JWM Projects on it. Works better with Company-managed Projects - but the only stipulation is the Board must live under a JSW Project. That way, you can visualise all the Project data on one Board, and then use quick filters to visualise different team's data
    • To create a Board from outside a Project...
      • Select the search bar in the top-right corner
      • Choose the "Board" button (near the bottom of the iFrame)
      • On the next page, select the blue "Create Board" button
    • This help page is a good starting point for boards

Let us know what you think!

Ste

berry August 6, 2023

Thank you for the kind explanation. I had seen the dashboard menu before, but I tried it for the first time while looking at the help pages you mentioned. It will undoubtedly be a helpful feature. I also didn't know about the Board you mentioned. I haven't tried JSW because it seemed difficult, but I learned for the first time that multiple projects can be managed through JSW boards. I will test the feature for managing multiple projects together. I'm very grateful. From Berry.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Answer accepted
Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 5, 2023

Hi @berry

Welcome to the community. If you are wanting a single place in order to 'manage' or atleast understand a project by numbers I'd create a dashboard with Gadgets. If you want to extend the dashboard gadget options. I'd take a look at Custom Charts by Tempo. @Big Chris Cooke would be able to help you on this. I have used custom charts in a few companies and it has always massively helped there.

If you are referring to 'project' issue types within a JWM project then to be honest, it depends on how you have set them up and what data you want. If you share some additional information I am more then happy to continue helping.

0 votes
Ivan Garcia _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 7, 2023

Hi @berry 

If you're up for trying an app, our solution Dashboard Hub for Jira - Custom Charts & Share Reports allows you to create powerful and easy-to-share dashboards with multi-project Jira Service Management gadgets.

Let me know if you have any questions :) Hope it helps,

Iván García, Product Marketing Manager at Appfire

Multi project ITSM.png

0 votes
berry August 5, 2023

Hi, @Dan Tombs , @Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ 

Thank you for welcoming me to the community and kindly providing the answer. This is my first time participating in community activities.

Our company has recently introduced Jira Work Management for the first time, and no one with extensive experience in using Jira Work Management is available.

Currently, eight teams in our company manage their own issues by creating separate JWM projects for each team. The management team wants to be able to easily understand the progress of each team's project issues at once. Of course, it would be great to have a dashboard with charts or summary statistics, but I'm curious if there is a way to easily grasp the overall issues of all teams without having to move between each team's projects every time.

Thank you.
Best regards,
berry.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events