Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we need to migrate data from Jira work management to Jira Software?

We are currently using Jira work management. Also we have JIRA software premium trial.

We would like to stay on jira software premium subscription only, should we migrate data and use this migration preparation tool as shown in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAxrIqD84CU&list=PLaD4FvsFdarRY9MR-EPjnIXfunvhtHsZH&index=9

3 answers

3 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2022

Hi @Reda Menčikovaitė _ Project manager 
It depends. 
Are you using JWM and you are trialing JSW on a different instance (i.e. different URL) ??

Because you get JWM as part of Jira Premium, so they can all live in the one instance (which is ideal), but if your current JWM is separate, then yes! for them to all live together in the one Jira premium environment you will need to move them.

Note: that video is going from Server to Cloud, but you should have the Beta "Migrate to Cloud" tool in your current (I presume cloud?) JWM??

Curt Holley

our URL is identical for JWM and JSW (https://name.atlassian.net/), so I presume we just cancel the JWM subscription and that's it?

One more question related to this one, I have a sandbox (JWS premium feature), so if I create something new there, for example new board or new project (https://name-sandbox-496.atlassian.net) do I need to migrate? what I have in mind, how can I push changes to JMS?

@Curt Holley so how about sandbox migration?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 30, 2022

Hi @Reda Menčikovaitė _ Project manager ,

AFAIK there's no possibility to automatically migrate data from sandbox to production site right now. If you create some configuration in sandbox, you need to manually recreate it in production.

Like Curt Holley likes this

@Hana Kučerová didn't excepted this kind of answer...Could you tell me then, what's the point to have Sandbox if I can't transfer all changes to JIRA site directly (new projects, workflows or ect.)? For what reason people are using sandbox then?

Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

@Reda Menčikovaitė _ Project manager There's feature request for this functionality, so maybe someday it will be possible. Sandbox functionality is still quite new and under development.

We are usually using sandbox for testing purposes as we don't want to create test data in the production (user/admin training, new functionality / application from marketplace test etc.)

Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 2, 2022

Hi All,

Just to add - you can move some functionality from Sandbox to Prod using Cloud-to-Cloud migrations.

See this page: https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/perform-a-cloud-to-cloud-migration-for-jira/

Ste

@Stephen Wright _Elabor8_ and @Hana Kučerová  

Thank you for your time and help - appreciate :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 30, 2022

Hi @Reda Menčikovaitė _ Project manager 
Yes, just cancel the specific JWM subscription.
I believe @Hana Kučerová has answered your Sandpit questions, which is just as well, as I haven't evoked one/used any yet.

Thanks for the help - appreciate :)

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 22, 2022

Hi @Reda Menčikovaitė _ Project manager ,

no, you don't have to do anything. If your users have Jira Software licence, they will be able to create Jira Software, but also Jira Work Management projects and work with both of these project types.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events