Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display the name of a parent issue in a column in structure

Martin Härri December 22, 2021

I would like to display the issue (key and/or name) which is linked with "is parent of" in the column of a structure, can I do this?

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dionathan Lopes _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 23, 2021

Hello @Martin Härri 

Dionathan with ALM Works here.

You could use the following sample formula and let me know how it goes (PS: this formula will work only on the latest versions of Structure (V7.0 +)):

issueLinks.FILTER($.type.outward = "is parent of" AND $.destination = this).MAP($.source.key CONCAT ' - ' CONCAT $.source.summary)

or

issueLinks.FILTER($.type.inward = "is parent of" AND $.destination = this).MAP($.source.key CONCAT ' - ' CONCAT $.source.summary)

depending on your setup.

Basically, it is filtering the issue links by "Is parent of" and it should show the Issue Key + Summary in a Formula Column.

Please refer to this article for more information about Item Property Reference

If any further questions, let me know.

Best Regards,
Dionathan L
www.almworks.com 

Martin Härri December 23, 2021

Brilliant, that's exactly what I was looking for, thanks a lot, Dionathan!

M0214104 January 4, 2023

Really cool - was looking for this and exactly does what I wanted.

Would be great to have examples like this documented at the ALM Works wiki for Structure.

Like Dave Rosenlund likes this
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2023

Good suggestion, @M0214104  👍 

I have passed it along to the Structure team and you can expect to see it in the Sample Formulas one day soon.  

-dave

Like # people like this
Jan Wittler September 14, 2023

could it be, that this doesn't work in jira structure cloud? Is there a way to display information from parent ticket in a column with formulas?

Marijn Plat October 19, 2023

I'd say it works in Jira Cloud.

just set up a formula column with the formula being 'parentlink'

Martin Imme
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 24, 2023

Hi Dionathan, 

thanks a lot for this example, that works perfectly fine. 

Using "easy" properties like status, key or summary instead works: 

issueLinks.FILTER($.type.inward = "is parent of")
.Map($.destination.key)

returns the key(s) of the issues of the 'parent' issues. 

But if I want to display the value of one specific custom field of the parent issue, this fails to works and returns nothing:

issueLinks.FILTER($.type.inward = "is parent of")
.Map($.destination.customfield_10272)

If I'm displaying the 'customfield_10272' on the issue level directly, I see there's a value. 

Any idea what I'm missing in my formula? 

Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2023

Hi, @Martin Imme. And welcome to the community 👋

Much has changed since Dionathan wrote that response. ALM Works is now part of Tempo Software, and Dionathan may not be associated with Structure support these days.

I suggest you open a ticket with Tempo for a speedier response. And, it would be awesome if you let everyone here know what solution you uncover.

Hope this helps,

-dave

0 votes
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 22, 2021

@Martin Härri 

Customization in Board is not possible as of now in Jira Work Management Template Projects.

If you need configurations you can choose to create a kanban board where you will have more control over how cards can be displayed.

Thanks,
Pramodh

Martin Härri December 23, 2021

Hi Pramodh, I don't think your answer is related to my question, I was talking about Structure from ALMWorks, not kanban boards

Like Pramodh M likes this
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 23, 2021

Thanks Got it :-)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events