Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different boards for multiple workflows

chris bohnert April 11, 2022

We're trying out Jira Work Management and have a project for our Ops team. This team supports multiple issue types, each with it's own workflow. However, I can't seem to figure out how to support multiple workflows via the board view. It seems like we should be able to view different boards for each issue type. Is this possible?

2 answers

1 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

Hi @chris bohnert ,

Thanks for reaching out. I'm Jane, one of the Product Managers on the Jira Work Management team. We currently have an experimental solution to support multiple workflows on the board that we can enable for you. All we ask is feedback, as you are using and trying this out in terms of whether this could be a good solution for you and your team, as well as any improvements we are able to make.

If you're interested, please reach out to me directly at jyeoh@atlassian.com with your site name and cloudID, and our team will be able to enable this for you.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon,

Jane

chris bohnert April 11, 2022

Thanks Jane... emailing you now. 

Jane Yeoh
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 11, 2022

Hi @chris bohnert ,

Just updating you that we've enabled this for you now. Please let me know if you'd like to book a call with me to go through this, or simply email me if you have any questions or feedback.

All the best!

Jane

chris bohnert April 12, 2022

This works great. Thanks Jane. I will email you some other comments directly. 

Ricardo Navarrete April 18, 2023

Hi @Jane Yeoh ,

Just wondering whether Jira has been able to resolve the single workflow limitation in Jira Work Management? Our team is using Jira Software and I'm quite familiar working with the software but just wanted to try JWFM for a non-software related operation-focused project where we'll be collaborating closely with multiple stakeholders and might benefit from the forms & multi-user collaboration mode.

Specifically, I'd like to be able to modify the board view to display all issues based on a mapping of workflow status to board columns that I'd like to define.  

Thanks

Teresa Godinho
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 7, 2024

Hi @Jane Yeoh is it posible to have this feauture for our projects as well?

Thanks

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2022

JWM doesn't have the more configurable boards that Jira Software provides, they're simple boards with columns of status and draw most of their config data from the project to which they belong.  The support for multiple workflows is simply that all of the status in all of the workflows are mapped into a board column so you can see the issues in it.

If you have Jira Software, you can be more clever with boards. 

First, create at least one "company managed" Software project (you can use an existing one, you're not actually going to be directly impacting the project with this).

Go into the project and look at the "boards" section, you should find an option for "create new board" in there.  Choose that, and select the option "create from existing project", telling it your JWM project.  (Kanban is probably more appropriate than Scrum for JWM stuff, but this will work with either type)

Unfortunately, you won't be able to associate the board with your JWM project, but it will appear in "your work", and one place I know of actually has a (mostly read only) project dedicated to looking after other projects and keeps all their boards in there!

In this board, you can map all the different status from your workflow into different columns as appropriate, and I would think about implementing either quick filters or swimlanes for your different issue types.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events