Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

DNS redirection for support portal

We currently are using cloudflare for external DNS.  When I attempt to create a cname redirection for the support portal, we are getting an error:  DNS Validation Error (Code: 1004) Content for CNAME record is invalid. 

We do NOT wish to do authentication or user management using Atlassian.   We've already added the TXT record as described in the documentation, however, it still shows unverified and fails upon verification.

Is there something I'm missing?

1 answer

Hi Lance,

Can you confirm what you're trying to accomplish? Are you:

1) Attempting to add a CNAME so that you can use "customdomain.com" for your JIRA Service Management customer portal?

2) Attempting to verify a domain so that you can manage accounts from this domain as documented here?

The first piece of your post makes it sound like you want to do #1, but you say you "added the TXT record as described in the documentation" which I am guessing is the documentation I linked in #2.

If you are trying to do #1, I have some bad news for you...

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Work Management

Join us for a live demo of Jira Work Management

Interested in learning more about Jira Work Management? Have questions you want to get answered? Join us for our upcoming live demo where we’ll take you through the essentials of Jira Work Manageme...

1,699 views 4 12
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you