Customer view to jira management board.

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

Hello, 

We have a Jira management board, and want to provide access to all users' a way of logging tickets to the board without having full access. 

Due to the nature of this form emailing requests is not an option.

Any help around this would be greatly appreciated I am aware there is no portal option like there is jira service management but if anyone can supply a workaround that would be great.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2022

Hi @Mihir Ruparelia - You want to ensure the following access is set on your permission scheme:

• Browse Projects
  • Create Issues

You won't be able to use a custom form as you would with JSM or 3rd party apps, but this would allow the users to hit the "Create" button on the nav bar and create an issue on your project.

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 10, 2022

@Mark Segall many thanks for the reply. I looked at the Create Issues permission scheme, but looks like its not available for the Free plan so we would have to upgrade? 

Are you saying that we would not be able to create a form with our custom and required fields?

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 10, 2022

Apologies - I stand corrected. I was thinking you were talking about a Jira Software board.  Work Management is not my strong suit so I'll let another member of the community respond.  Again, apologies for confusion.

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2022

@Mark Segall Is it possible to transfer or convert a Jira work management to a JSM? We're trying to set up a Project for finance approvals, users will request good or services. 

We need the customer facing side for users who can log and raise requests, and the admin side for management. 

Any advise on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. 

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 10, 2022

Once a project is created you cannot convert it to another type of project.  You would have to create a new project and move relevant issues over.

However, I'd wait for another community member with more experience in Work Management to chime in.  I think it is possible to create and use forms in Work Management. I just played with it a bit in my test environment, but not enough yet to provide a definitive response on the matter.

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 10, 2022

Many thanks Mark, appreciate the reply. For us the last step is getting this user experience in place. 

Mihir Ruparelia
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 14, 2022

Hello,

We've had got around this by creating a Service Project. 

The premise will be a ticket is logged in Service Project A and using Automation it will be moved to Work management project A.

We have a very specific requirement in that when the ticket moves to the work management project, the Approvers field needs to be updated automatically, HOWEVER it should be auto populated based on what is in the Department Field. 

I have the automation working where a ticket is created in the Management board, but I cannot seem to get the Approvers field to auto update. 

Any help would be great. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events