Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cron expression for a Scheduled that after 3 days from the date of creation send an email everyday

Nora Marti September 5, 2022

Hi, Is it possible to make a CRON Expression for a schedule that after 3 days from the creation day an email is sent every day until it change state?

thanks for your help!

2 answers

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi @Nora Marti 

I would create a rule like the following:

autom rule with cron.png

• I would schedule the rule to run every day (or workdays) at a specific time
  • Then I would narrow down this rule to execute for every issue found within a JQL
  • And I would uncheck the "Only include issues that have changed since the last time this rule executed", to make sure that I include all the issues that this query bring.

The JQL I would use would be something like:

project = YOU_PROJECT and status = YOUR_STATUS(ES) and created < -3d

The created < -3d will make sure that it will bring you all issue that were created before "3 days ago", meaning that when the rule would run, three days will have already passed.

Of course I would suggest to try the JQL on your instance and make sure that it yield the correct results and adjust it correspondingly.

Let me know if that works for you.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Hi Nora,

I think I would create two rules. The first one would set a value of a custom field when the date hit 3 days from the created date.

Then another that would send be a Scheduled trigger that ran everyday and checked the value of the custom field and the status of the issue.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events