Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Critical path

Edward Treanor September 12, 2022

I am new to this system and would like to know how you link items to ensure they are completed in the correct order i.e 1 item can not start until its previous . linked item has been completed . If the previous item is delayed then it should automatically push out all the following tasks on the timeline .

2 answers

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2022

Hi @Edward Treanor 

In Jira you can link issues together using Issue Linking features. When linking issues you can specify link type like blocks, blocked by etc but Jira will not do anything to automatically push blocked issues dates but you have few options.

• Use basic roadmaps to visualise linked issues
  • Evaluate Plans (Advanced Roadmaps) for planning where dependencies can be managed using an auto schduler. It also comes with Dependency map
  • Try some roadmapping/visualising apps like Structure, BigPicture
  • Create Filters based on issue links in your project and track them separately
  • Depending upon your delivery methodology you can make it part of the process to review these dependencies regularly? Like in your SCRUM calls.

I hope it helped.

Ravi

0 votes
Deleted user September 12, 2022

@Edward Treanor  

beware that critical path is "something that belongs" to Gantt charts, not to roadmaps... there is a risk that, misunderstanding the meaning of a roadmap, mistaking it for a Gantt chart, one may then be disappointed by Advance Roadmaps...

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events