cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating dynamic forms for Jira Work Management

Kit Friend
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2022

We've been experimenting with different ways to create dynamic forms in JWM (and Jira Cloud more generally) to support governance processes - basically trying to fulfil:

Scenario 1:

Given that I select "Big and scary" from the drop-down field "How risky is your thing?"

When when I go to the next status in my workflow

Then I am presented with a long text field titled "Tell us why it's big and scary" 

Scenario 2:

Given that I select "Small and friendly" from the drop-down field "How risky is your thing?"

When when I go to the next status in my workflow

Then I am presented with a short text field titled "Tell us why it's not that and scary" 

We've landed on Forms & Checklists for Jira as an OK solution for now but I'm not convinced it's the best approach - particularly as the data is stored in separate forms rather than populated into fields (and hence changes aren't shown in history etc in the same way)

Has anyone found particularly good solutions for this where custom fields are being shown/hidden based on the entries in other fields?

2 answers

0 votes
Aleksandra Bosacka _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 6, 2022

Hi @Kit Friend 

It's Aleksandra from Deviniti 👋

After reading your post, I think you may find one of our apps interesting. Recently, we published Dynamic Forms for Jira Cloud which allows you to display fields based on previous selections.

At this stage, the app only supports the following types of fields due to API limitations: 

• Summary,
  • Description,
  • Priority,
  • Labels,
  • and Assignee.

However, we're still eager to expand the capabilities to support select lists and other custom fields as well. We encourage you to watch the app on the Marketplace in order not to miss any new features. Hopefully, you will find it beneficial in the future!

Cheers,
Aleksandra

0 votes
Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 4, 2022

Hi, @Kit Friend !

My team has developed Forms & Checklists for Jira and I want to propose you another solution that meets your needs- Business Process Manager.

This add-on helps to manage business processes, it also consists forms and functionality of the destination field. So for each field you can choose a Jira field to fill in the form when it is submitted. Plug-in is free for a 30-days trial period. You`re welcome to get assistance from our product expert and book a product demo session.

Kit Friend
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2022

Thanks @Karyna Tyrnavska _SaaSJet  that sounds perfect! We'll give it a go

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events