Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create multiple URLs from comma seperated numbers in number field

Jake Carnall August 28, 2022

Hi guys!

Using automation, I've set up a field that automatically creates a URL to a ticket in a helpdesk system based on the number that's entered into the field (ticket id). Occassionally there are multiple tickets that are created and referenced on one issue in my Jira instance, and I want to be able to enter the numbers seperated by a comma and have the automation create multiple URL's for each number that is seperated by a comma. 

Alternatively, if that's really hard to do - then a way that I can input one number at a time and when the automation creates the URL, it's automatically added as a web link on the issue and I can then add the subsequent numbers in one at a time to have the links appear that way. 

Many thanks in advance! 

1 answer

0 votes
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 29, 2022

Hi @Jake Carnall and welcome to the community!

You can accomplish this with an advanced branch against that custom ticket id field.  It would look something like this:

{{ticket id.split(",")}}

I just tried it out in my test environment with a text field and was able to successfully iterate against a comma delimited list of values.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events