Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Create and assign an issue to users in a list

Edited

I'm building a project where an issue has a "People" field containing a list of users.  When the issue is saved I want to use Automation to create an issue for each user in the list in a separate project. 

Think an "Audience" field in Project A, each user in the Audience becomes an Assignee for a new issue in Project B.

Alternatively, if I can automate adding a name to the Audience field every time I change the Assignee I can probably make that work, as it's simple enough to create new issues and copy down the Assignee.  I've tried this using the "Edit Issue" action, but for some blasted reason I can't select People fields in the Edit Issue action's dialog.  I'm trying to figure out the syntax for using Smart Values to do this, without much luck.

0 answers

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Asked in Jira Work Management

CLOSED Ask Me Anything (AMA): Project management at scale with Design Lead James Rotanson

UPDATE:  It's a wrap for our first community AMA on Jira Work Management. Thanks to everyone for taking part and sharing. Feel free to keep the discussion going! Share your questions now Hi...

992 views 18 11
View question

Atlassian Community Events