You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.
Level 1: Seed
25 / 150 points
1 badge earned
Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!
What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.
Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!
Join now to unlock these features and more
I have a 2-part question:
1. Is there a way to copy a custom date field from an Epic to the Tasks within that Epic? I need the field within the Tasks to automatically update every time the field is updated in the Epic.
- I have tried using post functions within the workflow and automation without any success.
2. Is it possible to use automation to generate a date field with:
- The first business day of the first quarter of a year
- The first business day of the second quarter of a year
- The first business day of the third quarter of a year
- The first business day of the fourth quarter of a year
For the first question about your automation rule, you need to configure a rule like this:
Using branch is the best way to do this.
About your second question.
You can do this automation rule using a Scheduled as a trigger and define a cron expression.
Using cron is not possible get 'business day' but you can get the first day of the first quarter of a year.
This is your cron expression: 0 0 12 1 1/3 ? *
You can find others cron expression using CronMaker: http://www.cronmaker.com/
Hope this helps :)