Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coping Actual end from Due date

Eng_M_Musba Elhadid January 31, 2024

Hello,

Please, could you let me know how to transfer due dates from sub-tasks to the sub-tasks's actual end?

Thank you!

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2024

Hello @Eng_M_Musba Elhadid 

Do you mean you have a value in the Due Date field and you want to copy it to another field named Actual End?

When do you want that to occur?

What you want can probably be accomplished using an Automation Rule, but we need more details about your scenario.

Eng_M_Musba Elhadid February 2, 2024

Hello @Trudy Claspill,

Thank you for your prompt response.

Yes, this is exactly what I need. I am aware that I can create an Automation Rule for future tasks, but I also need to perform this operation on old tasks.

Thank you once again for your assistance!

Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 2, 2024

Hello @Eng_M_Musba Elhadid 

To update tasks that already exist you could create an Automation Rule that uses a Scheduled trigger and a JQL statement to specify the issues to update.

There is a limit to how many issues a Scheduled rule can update with each run, so you might have to run the rule multiple times.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 2, 2024

Hi @Eng_M_Musba Elhadid,

regarding copying the data on your existing issues: If you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, this would be easy to do using the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.

JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. You can also bulk-edit your fields, using copy/paste. This makes it very easy to copy values from one column (i.e., field) to another column/field.

This is how this looks in action:

bulk-copy-paste.gif

You can update any number of issues in one action, so you should be done with your work in no time. I should add that JXL can do much more than that: From support for configurable issue hierarchies, to issue grouping by any issue field(s), sum-ups, or conditional formatting.

Any questions just let me know,

Best,

Hannes

Eng_M_Musba Elhadid February 2, 2024

Hi @Hannes Obweger - JXL for Jira 

I would like to express my gratitude for your advice. Thanks to it, I was able to solve my problem.

Thank you once again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events