Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control which product invited uers join

Michael Stroup January 24, 2022

Hello,

We have both the Jira Work Management product and the Jira Software product. Jira software was just supposed to be for 2 or 3 of us to test out and see if we would migrate.

However, now it seems like Jira Software and Jira work management are all jumbled together, and all the new users are being added to Jira Software only.

1) How do I move these new users to Jira Work Management Product only?
2) How to I ensure new invitations only onboard people to Jira Work Management?

I am pretty new to Jira but have been assigned by my company to take care of it as as administrator, and everything up to this point has been pretty easy to learn or has a self-explanatory GUI.

Many Thanks,

Mike

1 answer

0 votes
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 24, 2022

HI @Michael Stroup 

Welcome to the community!

I'm assuming you have Jira software and Jira Work management all in the one Jira cloud instance (URL) and that when you go to create a project you can choose between Jira Software, Jira Service Management and Jira Work management templated options (see below)?

jiratemp.png

If so, then you can use both JSW and JWM projects without any extra licensing concerns (though that doesn't apply to JSM projects), as both are Company managed projects within your cloud instance, it is just the User interface and a few functionality limitations in JWM that separate the two.

Jira software, for lack of a better way of putting it, is the master and at the centre of your Cloud instance. It is the more powerful project type and chances are you/your company will have reasons to use them.

Based on my assumptions (and I could be wrong) I would suggest either, not worrying about restricting Jira Software access at all (open is good), or look to use permissions and groups to control who has access to what. 

Hopefully this is helpful? it's a tricky situation to describe....and it does depend on whether all are housed in the one base (URL) instance or not. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events