Complete column is deleting tasks. I had 30+ in there and today there are only just a few

Cyrus Marshall October 14, 2021

I did not have a chance to make a chart from our completed work and wondering if there is a setting I'm missing that deletes after a certain amount of days.  

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Welcome to the Community!

First - don't panic!  I do not think your issues have been deleted or damaged!

A board is not a container for issues, it displays, and allows you to work with, a set of issues defined by a filter.  For JWM projects, the filters are quite simple - they just say "show me everything in project X" to start with.

But, they then go on to drop issues from the display.  If an issue is in the last column (meaning "this is done and needs no further action"), and doesn't get updated for a while, the board will drop it.  We need something like that, otherwise your board would grow infinitely with a "done" column you actually have no interest in!

It does not change the issue though.  It is purely about display.  There's no "delete", it's just "meh, it's too old, don't show it"

That is, unless you have a human deleting or moving stuff (or an admin who has set something up to do so)

So, I think the next question is what charts you're trying to get?

Cyrus Marshall October 15, 2021

Brilliant.  thanks for the info.  I've been a Jira user for awhile and recently moved company's and setup a new board for my growing video production team with graphic designers.  It really keeps me and them organized.  

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events