Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command to send latest comment in an E-Mail

Lukas Vogel June 1, 2023

Hello

I made an automation to send a Mail to the customer if somebody writes a comment to an open issue. Is there a command to send the latest comment in the mail?

I tried {{issue.comment}} (sends all commands like "3. Comment, 2. Comment, 1. Comment", which doesn´t look good...), {{issue.last.comment}} (Nothing happens), {{issue.latest.comment}} (Nothing happens), {{issue.new.comment}} (Nothing happens).

Is there maybe a list or something with alle the possible commands so i can check there in the future? I successfully used {{issue.summary}}or {{issue.key}}as well.

Best regards, Lukas

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 1, 2023

Hi @Lukas Vogel ,

You can try {{comment.body}}

Lukas Vogel June 1, 2023

Hi @Manoj Gangwar 

that worked!

Thank you.

Like Manoj Gangwar likes this
Lukas Vogel June 2, 2023

Hi again..

We would like to change the "from"-E-Mail from "automation@..." to our own E-Mail. Do you know if this is possible? I found a few posts where it said its not possible but those are a few years old.

The field to change the mail is grey, so you can´t click on it.
I already added the E-Mail adress in die administration section successfully (configuring the DNS server)
The E-Mail adress is already set as standart for notifications.

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 2, 2023

Hi @Lukas Vogel ,

Try to change automation rule actor from Automation Jira to @user then check.

Capture.PNG

Lukas Vogel June 2, 2023

Hi @Manoj Gangwar 

Didnt work :/

image.png

Manoj Gangwar
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 2, 2023

I think its JWM limitations so we can not edit it.

Like Lukas Vogel likes this
Lukas Vogel June 2, 2023

okay, too bad... but anyway thank you :) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events