Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Clone issue with requirements does not work

Hi,

I try to clone an issue if certain requirements are matched:

grafik.png

But sadly i get the following error message:

grafik.png

What could be the problem here?

I already checked the atlassian-addons-project-acces permission and it should be correct.

Greetings
Simon

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Sep 27, 2021

Hi Simon,

I don’t know the language for the error but it seems to be complaining about the assignee. Either the assignee is inactive or that person is not able to be assigned issues in the new project. I would check there first.

Hi John,

Do you mean that the person how creates the issue in the main project should also have the create-issue and the browse-project permission in the targeted project (clone)?

Greetings
Simon

No, that the assignee is an assignable user in the permission scheme for the targeted project. 

Hi John,
Thank you very much!
Now I found the error.
Greetings
Simon

Like John Funk likes this

Great!

Thank you!
The problem was, that in the original project the issue was assigned automatically to a specific user. But this is also the same step where the requirement of the issue-cloning-step was updated and the issue got cloned. This user wasn´t a assignable user in the target project.
Greetings
Simon

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Work Management

Lessons from Vilius Zigmantas’ path to Continuous Process Improvement at GeoComply

“Organizations are made of people who create and follow processes which are constantly changing and are in need to be supported and nurtured… this is the spot where I realized I can br...

702 views 7 15
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you