Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clone Issue type

Hui Zhang February 11, 2024

Is it possible to clone an issue type?

I googled this and it seems there was a decision in 2015 not to pursue. Now 8 years later is this something you might reconsider? Or does the function already exists just I don't know how?

2 answers

2 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2024

Hi,

No, there's no function for this in Jira.  The reason is because it is pretty much pointless. 

An issue type is made up of a name, description, and icon.  When you cloned one, you would probably want to change the description and icon, and you would have to change the name.  There's more clicks in there than "create new issue type"

0 votes
RobertRipple February 11, 2024

As of my last update in January 2022, the ability to clone an issue type may vary depending on the issue tracking system you're using. While it might not be a built-in feature in some systems like Jira, third-party plugins or workarounds could offer similar functionality. Check the latest documentation or release notes for updates, and consider exploring user forums or contacting support for more information.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events