Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change layout of subtasks and copy subtasks

Pauline Hild April 6, 2022

Hi everyone,
I have 2 questions concerning automatically created subtasks and would be very grateful for help.
1st question: I've created an automation that generates subtasks when a task is created. The whole thing works very well, but I would like to have a different layout for the subtask than for the task, i.e. I would like to have different information displayed for the task than for the corresponding subtask (custom fields). Is there any way to change this?

2nd question: Is it possible to copy a subtask that was created automatically? I can only find the option "clone", but I don't want to do that, because otherwise I will see the connection lines in the timeline and that is confusing for the collaborators. The reason is that in some cases a subtask has to be done twice and then it would be useful to be able to copy it easily.

Thanks in advance for your help and kind regards

Pauline

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 6, 2022

So the simple one first - "clone" is "copy".  It copies an issue as it is.

On the first question, yes, you can have different fields and orders of them in sub-tasks, but it is done in different ways in different types of project.  In a team-managed project, you go to project admin -> issue types and choose the fields you want for each.  In a company-managed project, you do it by creating screens (lists of fields) and associating different screens with project and issue type actions.

Pauline Hild April 12, 2022

Hi, thanks for your answer. We are working with a company-managed project and have already created a screen, but it has the same layout for task, subtasks and epics. How do I proceed if I want to create an extra screen for subtasks only? If I create a new screen, how can I delete the subtask from the old screen? 

Kind regards,

Pauline 

Bildschirmfoto 2022-04-12 um 10.33.26.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2022

Your project settings include an "issue type screen scheme".  This tells your project what "screen scheme" to use for each issue type.  I suspect you'll find the current one simply says "use the 'LAB Screen scheme' for all (or default) issue types in the project.

A screen scheme tells the project what screens to use for create, edit and view,  and that's what you're looking at in your screen shot.  

You will need to create a new screen scheme, one that maps the screens you want to use for sub-tasks, then edit the issue type screen scheme, telling that to use the new screen scheme for sub-tasks.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events