Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change background color back to white?

HG System Admin September 12, 2022

Hi All!  Just started to configure a new Jira cloud instance for a client.  For some reason the background defaulted to a nasty mint green, which was not the default for my older instances.  I am not seeing a way to change the background back to white (i.e., USER INTERFACE -> Look and Feel).  What am I missing?  Please tell me this is not Atlassian's way of forcing new customers to pay for yet another plugin... simply to do something basic such as change the background color?

ugly-bg.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

Hi @HG System Admin,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

This is expected when you are in a Jira work management project. You can change the background color if you hover next to the project name and you should see this:

Screen Shot 2022-09-12 at 10.24.48 AM.png 

0 votes

Thank you @Mikael Sandberg for your response!  I'm not seeing the specific capability that you referred to, but after some playing around, the background color appears to be fixed based on the new Project Templates capability.  Below is a screenshot of a new project that I created using the "Blank Project" template  As you can see, the color scheme is completely different.  Hopefully there is a way to adjust these colors, maybe the way you mentioned and I'm just not seeing where to do that?  If not, I hope there will be really soon.

ok-blue.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2022

You should see the paint bucket if you scroll up until you see the project name up in the left hand corner. If you hover the over it you should see it.

There it is! Thank you @Mikael Sandberg!  Now, if they would only let you enter a hex color code!  Thx again.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events