Cannot transfer one organisation to another

Gero September 9, 2021

Hello, I did some mess while setting up my Jira products, and have now 3 different organisations. Would like to get rid of two of them, but as far as I've understood it's incredibly impossible. So I tried transferring both to the only one I'd like to keep, but I keep receiving an error message saying like

The action cannot be performed at this time. Try later.

Somebody can help me about that? I'm administrator of every organisation, and the only one with a verified domain is the target one.

Here attached an image of what I get; it's in Italian, but you can see the error message at the end.

image.png

5 answers

1 accepted

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 10, 2021

Hello @Gero,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

The issue you are facing must be fixed internally by us. With this said, I removed what was blocking the transfer and it should work now.

Please, follow the steps to transfer the products from one org to another and let us know how it goes.

​​Kind regards,
Angélica

Gero September 12, 2021

Hello Angélica,

thank you for your help, it worked now.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Douglas Oliveira November 22, 2021

Hi! I'm having the same problem, I'd like to transfer the products and delete the organizations, however, I'm not succeeding. Could you help me?1.png2.png3.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 24, 2021

Hello @Douglas Oliveira,

Welcome to the Community!

I disabled the vortex mode that was blocking the product transfer. 

Please, try to transfer the products again and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Douglas Oliveira December 1, 2021

Thanks!

0 votes
Admin _ School Scope October 24, 2021

@Angélica Luz 

Hi, I am also facing the same issue. Could you please help me out?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 25, 2021

Hi @Admin _ School Scope,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Checking the details of your account (the one you are using here in Community), there are only two organizations linked to your email and none of them have products linked to it. Also, both URLs that show are already deleted.

With this said, if your cloud sites are Standard or Premium, please, contact our support team on support.atlassian.com/contact using your site administrator account and share with them the URLs.

You can also post a new question here in community using the account that is the active site and org admin, so we can access the correct information to fix the issue with the organization.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like Admin _ School Scope likes this
Admin _ School Scope October 25, 2021

@Angélica Luz . 

Yes I was trying to delete the products because I thought that’s what was stopping the merge. I was going to add products to one of these organizations later so I would still need them to be merged. Alternatively if you completely delete both of these organization so they don’t even show up on the admin console that would be great.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2021

Hi @Admin _ School Scope,

We can only unblock the transfer when there are products linked to the organizations.

Also, I would like to share that, currently, it's not possible to delete organizations. There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

Admin _ School Scope October 26, 2021

@Angélica Luz 

Ok I went ahead and added a jira product to one of the organizations. Can they be transferred now?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 26, 2021

I removed what was blocking the transfer. Please, try again and let us know if it works.

Admin _ School Scope October 26, 2021

hi @Angélica Luz ,

I am still getting a transfer error.

Screen Shot 2021-10-26 at 10.25.04 AM.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 27, 2021

I saw that you created a ticket and our support team disabled the new UI on the other organization and now you should be able to transfer the products.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
PATRICK ARLENN RODRIGUES CRUZ October 21, 2021

Hi @Angélica Luz I have the same issue for transfering products in to different organization.

Could you please help me with this?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 22, 2021

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

Checking the details of both organizations, only one had vortex enabled and I disabled it, so the transfer should work now.

Please, follow the steps to transfer the products and let us know if it works.

Kind regards,
Angélica

PATRICK ARLENN RODRIGUES CRUZ October 22, 2021

Hi Angélica, thanks for the help. It worked correctly!!

0 votes
Igor Poltorak October 7, 2021

@Angélica Luz I have the same issue during the transfering products in to different organization.

I have an 400 error "One of the organizations have vortex enabled"

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 7, 2021

Hello @Igor Poltorak,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I checked the organizations associated with your email address and found the one that has the vortex enabled.

I disabled what was blocking the migration and it should work now.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

@Angélica Luz amaaazing! Thank you!

@Angélica Luz i still have an issue with Migration. I did the jira transfer to the same organization. But there is still no Migrate cloud site button in the Settings--> System. Like its specified here 

https://support.atlassian.com/migration/docs/perform-a-cloud-to-cloud-migration-for-jira/

Could you please help me with this?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
October 11, 2021

Hi @Igor Poltorak,

I saw that you created a ticket with our support related to the same question and they are already helping you with this request.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Comments for this post are closed

Community moderators have prevented the ability to post new answers.

Post a new question

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events