Can we changed Jira Work Management Timeline settings?

Joanna Bajda July 27, 2021

Hi,

I have a couple of Jira Work Management projects and each of them have a different 'description' under timeline (improvement, bug etc) is there a way to change it?

Another question in documentation I can see hierarchical view as drop-down for task and sub-tasks but in my view I can only see task, subtask, bugs one under another without any parent-child indication.

Last one: what settings determinate issue type being created from timeline view?

Joanna

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 2, 2021

Hello @Joanna Bajda,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

On the Timeline view, the first column will show the Issue type, Issue key, and the Summary, it’s not possible to change that. I’m not sure if that’s what you meant by the description, if not, please let us know more details.

Regarding the sub-tasks, if it’s added to the issue type scheme, it should show a + sign next to the ticket to create it.

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 15.49.56.png

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 15.50.09.png

To check the scheme, please go to Project settings > Issue types and confirm if the sub-task is listed there. If not, on this very same page, click on Actions > Edit issue types and drag and drop the sub-task from the right to the left column > Save.

Another thing to check is if the sub-tasks are enabled on your site, so go to the Cog icon > Issues > Sub-tasks and confirm if it’s enabled.

What settings determinate issue type being created from timeline view?

It’s the default issue type set on the issue type scheme. Project settings > Issue types > Actions > Edit issue types > Default Issue Type.

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 15.58.00.png

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2021

Hi @Joanna Bajda  - Just checking in on this. Were you able to try some things? 

Joanna Bajda September 27, 2021

Hi,

yes it's working fine.

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events