Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't configure boards as Administrator

Facundo July 6, 2021

Hello, I created a simple project with an account that is in all the administrator groups, I am also an administrator for the whole organization, yet I don't see the 3 dots with More > Board Configuration. For reference I do see this in another instance of Jira Software.

Seems a bit counter intuitive that a user with all the admin privileges can't edit something as basic as a board.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Curt Holley
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 6, 2021

But @Airbus Driver with Jira Work management projects (which are still technically Org managed projects) you don't get any such option to configure the "Board" view.

I can only guess, but I imagine over time, this will change. But currently in a JWM project you get one Board view (based on the workflow) with some out of the box filtering options....no board settings/config, just the other views (Timeline, Calendar, Summary. List)

Facundo July 7, 2021

Thank you for your reply, it is a shame that editing boards isn't an option on JWM when it on Jira Software. I guess I'll just wait for the feature, or see if any templates have a useful board.

Do you know by any chance if there is a way to edit templates?

fadiyahya
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 19, 2022

this is a bad choice from Atlassian

0 votes
Airbus Driver
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 6, 2021

When you create a board from a classic project, you get more (...) -> Board settings

When you create a board from a next-gen project (team-managed), you get more (...) -> Configure Board

Facundo July 7, 2021

I don't have a more button on the Board page.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events